TRENTON, N.J. – The deadline is approaching for Hurricane Sandy victims to apply for disaster unemployment assistance.
Registration closes Monday, Feb. 4. Workers can register for DUA by calling one of the following New Jersey Re-employment Call Centers:
Union City: 201-601-4100
Those affected can also register for DUA at njuifile.net.
Disaster unemployment claims filed after the registration deadline may be ineligible for payment.
DUA is available to those who are ineligible for state unemployment benefits, including the self-employed, farmers and farm workers. Workers may qualify for DUA because of the following reasons:
• They were injured in the disaster and are unable to work.
• Their workplace was damaged or destroyed.
• Transportation to work is not available.
• They could not get to their job because they must travel through an affected area.
• The disaster prevented them from beginning a new job.
• Their business suffered because most of its income was derived from an affected area.
Music NewsMUSIC GROUPS AVOIDING SEAWORLD
STEVIE NICKS SAYS CHRISTINE McVIE WILL PERFORM WITH FLEETWOOD MAC
LOST “TOMMY” LIVE RECORDINGS WILL BE PART OF REISSUE