UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities have identified the woman who was killed when a fire destroyed her central New Jersey home last weekend.
But it’s still not clear what sparked the blaze in Upper Freehold Township that broke out early Sunday.
Monmouth County prosecutors announced Wednesday that 57-year-old Kathleen Clark died of thermal burns and asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation.
Firefighters found her body in a bathroom shortly after they extinguished the blaze.
Prosecutors say the fire is not considered suspicious, and no other injuries were reported.
Music NewsMUSIC GROUPS AVOIDING SEAWORLD
STEVIE NICKS SAYS CHRISTINE McVIE WILL PERFORM WITH FLEETWOOD MAC
LOST “TOMMY” LIVE RECORDINGS WILL BE PART OF REISSUE