BELMAR, N.J. (APP) – Residents of Belmar that had been displaced by Hurricane Sandy for an extended period may be eligible for up to $5,000 through a new grant program set up by the town.
The Belmar Sandy Relief Aid will benefit those year-round residents who have been continually displaced as of January 1. Of $300,000 that had been collected, half had been through direct donations to the municipality while the rest had been a matching of funds from the Robin Hood Foundation.
Town officials are aware of some 35 families that are currently displaced as a result of Sandy. Speaking to the Asbury Park Press, Borough Administrator Colleen Connolly said the town will distribute the money based on the order of the qualified applications.
Music NewsDAWES TAKES THE TRADITIONAL APPROACH TO MUSIC
LENNY KRAVITZ CALLS FOR UNIVERSAL IMMUNIZATIONS FOR CHILDREN
LED ZEPPELIN SAYS NO EVEN TO BILL CLINTON