:::: MENU ::::

Electrical fire displaces 30 building residents

Local News | Jul 22, 2013

Electrical fire displaces 30 building residents

BRADLEY BEACH, N.J. (AP) — Roughly 30 residents were displaced when an electrical fire broke out at a central New Jersey apartment building, but authorities say no serious injuries were reported.

Bradley Beach firefighters responded to the Newark Avenue building late Friday night after residents reported seeing smoke coming from the building’s main power lines.

Fire officials tell the Asbury Park Press firefighters also found fire coming from an electrical panel in the building’s basement, but they were able to quickly extinguish it.

The Ocean Grove and Neptune Township fire departments also responded to the blaze, and one Ocean Grove firefighter was treated at a hospital for heat exhaustion.

The displaced residents stayed overnight at a nearby motel and were expected to be back in their units sometime Saturday.

Comments

comments