TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) — Ocean County authorities have issued a warning about what may be a tainted batch of heroin that’s being sold in the region.
The warning comes after two men suffered fatal overdoses in separate incidents last week. Both men had heroin folds with the words “Bud Light” stamped in red.
County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato said a 42-year-old Jersey City man was found dead Friday in the bathroom of a Point Pleasant supermarket. The next day, a 32-year-old man was found dead at a Seaside Heights home.
Coronato says both overdoses may have been caused by a batch of heroin that included “toxic elements” which prove fatal without medical attention. He says law enforcement officials will test the drugs to determine their composition.
Music NewsPETER GABRIEL, NIRVANA, HALL AND OATES MAKE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME
MUSIC GROUPS AVOIDING SEAWORLD
STEVIE NICKS SAYS CHRISTINE McVIE WILL PERFORM WITH FLEETWOOD MAC