The Night: Crash Landing by The Verve Pipe
Altrok: Altrok on 90.5 HD2 by
BSR: Apple Of My Eye by Ed Harcourt
FMFlashback: Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf
Listen
Become A
Member

Chainsaw sparks accidental fire at NJ home



MANALAPAN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a resident doing yard work accidentally started a fire that severely damaged a central New Jersey home.

No injuries were reported in the fire, which broke out shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday in Manalapan. But the extensive smoke and fire damage left the home uninhabitable.

Authorities tell the Asbury Park Press that the resident was working with a chainsaw and put it down on top of dry pine needles. The needles quickly caught fire, and the blaze spread to a nearby pine tree.

The tree was near the home’s gas meter, which caught fire, and the flames then spread to the home’s siding and attic before the fire was extinguished.

The Monmouth County Fire Marshal’s Office deemed the fire accidental.