H.E.R. performs a Tiny Desk Concert on Nov. 8, 2018. // NPR, Cameron Pollack
We, too, couldn't help but notice the Tiny Desk-style performances at the Grammys. This year's quarantine-conscious awards ceremony was always going to look different, with a more intimate broadcast and an outdoor, socially-distanced audience. It's also entirely possible that executive producer Ben Winston looked to Later... with Jools Holland's desk-friendly format for inspiration, but we'll take the compliment, intended or not!
The Tiny Desk space — both at the D.C. office and now in our (home) concert series — has been host to several Grammy winners over the last 13 years. Last night's recipients were no different: we've hosted H.E.R., Taylor Swift, Megan Thee Stallion, the Pacifica Quartet, Brittany Howard and Natalia Lafourcade, not to mention legends Chick Corea and John Prine, who both died within the past year.
Tiny Desk Playlist: 2021 Grammy Winners, Vol. 1
• Billie Eilish (record of the year)
• Taylor Swift (album of the year)
• H.E.R. (song of the year)
• Megan Thee Stallion (best new artist, best rap song)
• Harry Styles (best pop solo performance)
• Dua Lipa (best pop album)
• Snarky Puppy (best contemporary instrumental album)
• Brittany Howard (best rock song)
• Ledisi (best traditional R&B performance)
• Robert Glasper (best R&B song)